We’ve all heard how great serums are for the skin. From fighting acne to minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, there’s a serum that can help you with your skin problems. For them to be effective, however, you need to know their proper application. Below, we are sharing with you some great tips on how to apply serum on your face.
- The first thing you have to know is when to apply your serum. Ideally, skincare products are applied from the thinnest to the thickest. So, basically, you’ll start with serums before you get to your oils, creams, and sunscreens.
- Start with a clean face. If possible, put a warm moist towel on your face first to open up the pores.
- Put tiny dots of the product on your face and then blend all over.
- Avoid stretching, pulling or rubbing the skin. Instead, use short but firm strokes.
- While the serum hasn’t been completely absorbed, tap your face with your fingers. Do this for about half a minute to encourage the serum to get into the deeper layers of your skin.
- Wait for your skin to fully dry before applying the rest of your skincare products.
Experiencing a tingling sensation is typical. However, if you feel that it’s getting less tolerable, stop using the product. If you see any allergic reactions or any bumps and rashes, see your dermatologist.