If you’ve been shaving for quite some time now, you’d know how important shaving creams are. They lubricate the skin to make shaving easier and they desensitize the skin. They also raise the hair so you can get a closer, cleaner shave. If you’re new to shaving, here’s a guide on how to apply shaving cream.
- In a bowl, mix a dollop of your shaving cream with a few drops of water. You can use a small shaving brush or your clean fingers to create a thick paste.
- Wet your face with warm water. This will soften the cuticles and raise them off of the skin.
- Brush the cream onto your face. Be careful so as not to drown your facial hair with too much cream. You wouldn’t want to flatten down your hair strands or clog your razor.
- With your hands, further distribute the product onto your skin. Rub the cream so you get an even distribution across the shaving area.
- Once you’ve covered all area, you can start shaving. It’s a good idea to shave against the grain to get a closer shave. Just be careful as improper shaving can lead to ingrown hair and razor bumps. To avoid that, you may want to check our tips on how to prevent ingrown hairs.