Using the right toothbrush is more important than you think. It helps to make sure that no debris remains on your teeth that can lead to tooth decay. The right toothbrush can also help massage your gums, allowing them to remain healthy and in good condition.
While your manual toothbrush can provide all of those benefits, they may still not be enough. This is where the best electric toothbrush comes in handy. With the right brush strokes, angle, and working time, it can help you achieve clean and healthy mouth.
And to help you choose, here are our top picks for the best electric toothbrush.
Our Pick: Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush tops this list of the best electric toothbrushes. It has a patented sonic technology that enables it to create 31,000 brush strokes in just a minute. Its dynamic fluid action leaves the areas between the gums and teeth clean and free. It promises to remove 6x more plaque than your standard toothbrush. The product features a smart timer which encourages up to 2 minutes of brushing.
If you are switching from your old toothbrush to an electric toothbrush, you don’t have to worry about hurting your gums or oral cavity. This product has an easy-start feature which means its power will slowly increase over the first 14 uses.
Another great thing about this toothbrush is its battery indicator. It will let you know when you need to recharge. The brush heads are easy to snap on and clean. It has an ergonomic design so you can grip the brush with comfort.
Runner Up: Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Toothbrush is another option you shouldn’t miss if you’re looking for the best electric toothbrush. It’s able to remove up to 300% more plaque along the gum area than manual brushing. It features a 3D cleaning action that oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break down plaques easily. It has an in-handle time that pulses every 30 seconds so you’ll know when to move on to the other parts of your mouth.
One interesting feature of this product is its pressure sensor. It knows when you’re brushing your teeth too hard, allowing you to adjust so you won’t hurt your gums. Its bristles are also set at a 16-degree angle to really reach and lift more plaques. Its batteries can last for up to 7 days with regular use. To extend your battery’s maximum capacity, make sure to avoid in-between charging and fully draining your brush’s battery before charging.
Also Great: FairyWill Sonic Rechargeable Travel Toothbrush
FairyWill Sonic Rechargeable Travel Toothbrush can provide up to 35,000 micro-brush per minute. It’s able to remove up to 100% of plaques and stains compared with manual toothbrushes. Because of that, it promises cleaner and healthier teeth in just 7 days and better oral and gum health in 2 weeks.
It features 3 modes. Press clean if you’re aiming to remove stubborn plaques and stains. Choose soft if you have sensitive gums and pick massage for gum care. The product is waterproof which means you can use it even in your bathroom. The charging base, however, isn’t waterproof so you have to be careful not to wet that part. Another thing you should take note of this electric toothbrush is that it doesn’t come with a charger. It does, however, work with any charger with a USB port. 4 hours of charge can last you up to 30 days.
Budget Pick: Sterline Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
For those on a budget, Sterline Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush won’t disappoint. The product has three brushing modes to clean your teeth and massage your gums. It has a sleek compact design which makes it perfect to store in any bathroom. It’s not bulky so you won’t have to worry about it ruining your decor. You can place it next to your beard trimmer or shaver.
The brush can create 31,000 brush strokes in just a minute. It features a 30-second interval so you can thoroughly clean all four quadrants of your mouth. After the recommended 2 minutes of brushing, the product will turn off on its own.
For its price, this brush is already a good deal. Apart from its impressive features, it also comes with 3 additional high-quality brush heads. There’s a two-year warranty, too.
How to Use an Electric Toothbrush
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle from your gumline. It’s the area where your gums and teeth meet.
- Gently pull the brush along the gumline. Allow the vibrations of the brush to clean the area. You don’t have to brush your teeth back and forth as how you would use a manual toothbrush.
- Put a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on the brush. Make sure not to turn on the brush until it’s inside your mouth. Otherwise, you’ll end up sending your toothpaste across the room.
- When brushing, keep in mind to use the timer. It’s recommended that you spend around 2 minutes brushing all four quadrants of your mouth. There are electric brushes that will alarm or pulsate every 30 seconds to signal when it’s time to change sections.
- Don’t apply too much pressure when brushing. It will hurt your gums and make the bristles of your toothbrush wear out easier and quicker.
- Rinse your toothbrush with water to remove any debris and toothpaste. Don’t forget to clean the handle, too. In some cases, the handles can accumulate debris which can be a good environment for bacteria to proliferate.
- Store the toothbrush in an upright position and allow to air dry. The wet and moist environment is more likely to attract bacteria which can cause problems not just to your teeth but overall health.
- Replace the brush head every three months or as soon as the bristles are frayed. You should also pay close attention to the color of the bristles. If they are already fading or changing color, it’s time to replace them.