Having dry skin can easily make you feel frustrated. No matter what you do or what products you apply to your skin, you just can’t seem to keep those dry and rough patches away. In fact, despite your best effort, it seems to get a lot worse.
Now, before you actually throw your hands up, it’s a good idea to reconsider the products you are using on your skin. If they aren’t working, there’s a good chance that they’re not enough to satisfy your skin’s thirst. Remember, they need to have the right formula and the right ingredients for them to work.
So, to help you out, we’ve rounded up the best facial moisturizers for dry skin that can surely end your problems.
Our Pick: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Formulated with hyaluronic acid, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream can surely quench your dry skin’s thirst. This ingredient is widely known for its ability to attract and lock moisture into the skin. It’s lightweight and doesn’t suffocate the pores, making it a great choice for those who are also dealing with acne.
The product is dye-free and oil-free so you won’t have to worry about feeling sticky and looking greasy after using it. It’s also easy to absorb, eliminating the need to wait too long before you can apply your makeup or other skin care products.
One issue you’ll have with this product is its packaging. Since it comes in a jar, you’ll need to scoop the product out, making it prone to contamination. To avoid that, make sure to use a clean spatula each time.
Runner Up: Simple Kind to Skin Facial Moisturizer
Simple Kind to Skin Facial Moisturizer promises to keep your skin hydrated for 24 hours. It can double your skin’s hydration, thanks to its allantoin, glycerin and bisabolol content. In addition to those hydrating and calming ingredients, this face moisturizer with dry skin is free from dyes and perfumes that can cause irritation. It doesn’t sting and feels really light on the skin despite being rich.
What makes this product extra special is the addition of vitamin B5. This ingredient is greatly known for its ability to restore and soften the skin. It can also help even out your skin tone and make your blemishes less noticeable. Take note, however, that if you have really dark blemishes, this moisturizer might not be enough completely eliminate them.
Also Great: Garnier Skincare Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream for Dry Skin
Similar to Simple, Garnier Skincare Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream can also keep your skin hydrated for 24 hours. It has vitamin C and fruit water antioxidant complex to replenish your skin’s lost moisture. Apart from that, this moisturizer can also strengthen your skin’s natural barrier, making it more resistant to damage and moisture loss. The product is lightweight and gets absorbed easily. You won’t have to worry about feeling sticky or greasy.
One thing you might not like about this product is its fragrance. Although it’s not totally bothering or too strong, it can still be an issue if you have sensitive skin or you’re not into fragrances.
Budget Pick: L’Oreal Paris Ideal Moisture Facial Day Lotion SPF 25
L’Oreal Paris Ideal Moisture Facial Day Lotion SPF 25 isn’t just a great deal for its price but also its formula. It’s infused with vitamin E and hydrating ingredients to rehydrate your skin. In just four weeks, it promises to dramatically improve the roughness and dryness of your skin.
Vitamin E is one of the most powerful vitamins when it comes to dry skin. It has this unique ability to moisturize the skin from within. It can also help strengthen the skin’s natural barrier to prevent further moisture loss.
Another great thing about this product is that it’s dermatologist-tested. You won’t have to worry about compromising your skin or leaving it vulnerable to irritation. Apart from that, it’s also non-comedogenic and oil-free.
This facial moisturizer for dry skin is also formulated with SPF 25 to protect your skin against the sun’s harmful rays. Those UV rays can speed up your skin’s aging process, leave your skin drier and put you at an increased risk of skin cancer. Take note, however, that although it has SPF, it doesn’t mean that it will completely protect you all the time. Remember, for a sunscreen to be effective, you have to apply it to all exposed areas of your body and make sure to reapply after every 2 hours or as necessary. For better protection, you should also invest in a sunscreen with a higher SPF.
How To Deal With Dry Facial Skin
Having dry and rough patches on your facial skin isn’t just uncomfortable but embarrassing, too. It can make you feel too conscious of yourself that you’ll feel less and less motivated to go out. This just creates more problem for you.
Now, to end your frustrations with your stubborn dry skin, here are a few tips you can use to control the issue.
- Spend less time outdoors, particularly if you know you’ll be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather. If you’re planning on going to the beach, remember to take a beach umbrella with you.
- Avoid long baths as that can strip your skin’s natural oils and weaken its barrier. Skip hot showers, too.
- Avoid blasting the AC in your room or office as that can dehydrate your skin. You can use a humidifier to put moisture into the air.
- Use a hydrating facial cleanser. Make sure it’s free from alcohol, harsh chemicals, and perfumes.
- The best time to apply your moisturizer is right after you’ve washed or cleansed your skin. You’ll be able to seal in more moisture if the skin is still damp.
- Limit exfoliation to once or twice a week. Although exfoliating is necessary to get rid of dead skin cells, doing it frequently can actually harm and dry out your skin.
- Find the right ingredients for your moisturizer. Your best options include hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin.
- Drink lots of water. Although it can’t directly affect your skin’s moisture level, being hydrated can help support your skin’s natural process.
- Reconsider your intake of essential fatty acids. They can greatly help in maintaining your skin’s elasticity and structure.