Say goodbye to cake face.
If you have been dreading foundations because of your dry skin, it’s time to stop feeling that way. You see, not all foundations are bad for your skin type. The trick is in finding the right foundation with the right formula and ingredients that won’t make your skin issue a lot worse.
While we know these things can sound overwhelming, in reality, they’re not. And to help you pick the best foundation for dry skin, we’re narrowing down your choices with the following products.
Our Pick: L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, as its name implies, can give your skin that radiant, glowing look. It has a hydrating formula that offers medium coverage. It’s a good investment if you have dry skin and you want a foundation that won’t look caked on your face or accentuate your dry patches.
Despite the coverage, this foundation is actually lightweight. It’s easy to work with as it goes smoothly on the skin. Plus, it’s meant to last long on your skin, too. It doesn’t transfer and doesn’t feel tacky on the skin either.
The product comes in a wide range of shades which is actually nice if you have really pale or really dark skin. Although there are tons of foundations in the market today, not all of them cater to a wide range of shades, and that can be quite frustrating.
Runner Up: Bourjois Fond de Teint Healthy Mix Extension Serum Foundation
Bourjois Fond de Teint Healthy Mix Extension Serum Foundation is another great foundation to try for those with dry skin. It’s one of those foundations you can use for casual wear without having to worry about compromising your skin or looking patchy. This foundation offers a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. It can even out your skin tone and restore its natural radiance. However, if you have some really dark blemishes and dark circles, you might need to use a separate concealer.
As for consistency, this one is a bit runny and thin. This is actually expected since it’s a serum foundation. The foundation has some shimmers but they’re too small to be that noticeable. They aren’t that bothering either.
Also Great: Covergirl and Olay Tonerehab 2-In-1 Foundation
Covergirl and Olay Tonerehab 2-In-1 Foundation is a hard working product. Apart from providing even coverage, this foundation also works to minimize fine lines and improve your skin’s overall status. It’s primarily formulated to address age spots as well as discolorations.
The foundation has an amazing hydrating formula. It soaks the skin right up, leaving it hydrated and extra smooth. The Olay serum in this product helps condition the skin with ingredients like glycerin and niacinamide. It offers a dewy and fresh finish- just what your dry skin needs.
Covergirl and Olay Tonerehab 2-In-1 Foundation only offers light to medium coverage. You can use the product sparingly for days you don’t want to wear too much makeup or you can build it up if you want extra coverage.
Budget Pick: Revlon ColorStay Makeup For Normal/Dry Skin
For those who are on a tight budget, Revlon ColorStay Makeup For Normal/Dry Skin is a highly recommended product. It has a demi-matte finish and a formula that can last you for around 24 hours. Its long-lasting formula is actually quite amazing since it’s able to live up to its claims.
Another impressive thing about this foundation is that it offers medium to full coverage. If you have darker-than-usual blemishes or you really just want to skip concealers, this is the one for you.
In addition to the great coverage, this product also has SPF 20. Although it’s a bit lower than the recommended SPF 30, having sun protection is still better than having none, right? In addition to these neat benefits, the foundation also has hyaluronic acid which can provide long-lasting moisture to the skin. When used consistently, products with hyaluronic acid can actually provide great anti-aging benefits as well. You’ll love that it’s oil-free, too.
How To Apply Foundation on Dry Skin
Picking the right foundation is just a part of the process. To make sure you get your desired results, you should also have a clear idea on how you should apply the product.
Here’s a quick guide for you.
- Start off with cleansing your face and exfoliating. These two steps can help buff away the dead skin cells building up on the surface of your skin. Pick a hydrating cleanser and skip harsh exfoliants to make sure you don’t compromise your skin.
- Make it a habit to moisturize, particularly after cleansing your face. This will help you seal more moisture on your skin, making foundation application a lot easier and smoother.
- Use a hydrating primer before your foundation. This will provide extra hydration on your skin while creating a better canvas for your makeup. It can help your foundation last longer on your skin, too.
- Prep your eye area with a good eye cream. The skin under your eyes are sensitive and can get flakey, particularly during the cold months. Foundation can easily cling to your fine lines and wrinkles, too.
- Use a makeup brush, specifically a foundation brush, when applying the product. Although using your fingers can help ensure a smoother application, your skin will just end up absorbing the product. If you don’t have a makeup brush, you can use a damp makeup sponge instead.
- You can use a translucent powder to set your liquid foundation in place. However, to make sure you don’t end up looking cakey, give your foundation enough time to set before dusting some powder on top of it.
- Fake your glow with a highlighter. It can trick people into believing you actually have radiant-looking skin. For this one, simply take a small amount of your foundation and add in some highlighter. Apply it on the key areas of your face, such as across your forehead, bridge of the nose and cheekbones. Don’t get carried away with highlighters or you’ll end up looking awkward.
- Use a hydrating toner to freshen up throughout the day. It can give your skin a sudden boost of a healthy glow.