Tired of your lifeless, damaged hair?
If you think putting life back to your damaged and limp hair should be expensive or time-consuming, you’ve probably never tried a hair mask before. Unlike your regular conditioners, hair masks are more potent in nourishing the hair and restoring its strength and shine. They are loaded with ingredients that can fortify your hair strands and stimulate your hair follicles. Some of them even contain ingredients that can prevent future damage.
Don’t worry. We have this list of the best hair masks for damaged hair so you won’t have to go trying out products after products.
Our Pick: Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner
For the best hair mask for damaged hair, we highly recommend Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner. It provides deep conditioning and hydration to help you get softer and silkier hair. The mask is formulated with high-quality argan oil to repair and restore your dry and damaged hair. It can also shield your hair against heat when you’re styling it.
For its price, you get 8.45 fluid ounce of product. This can last you quite awhile unless you have really thick and long hair. The product is a 5-minute treatment mask. It won’t take too long to use, making it a great option for those who are always in a rush.
The mask is really thick but it isn’t that hard to apply. It’s easy to rinse off, too.
Runner Up: ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask
ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask is another great product for reviving damaged hair. It contains 100% natural jojoba, argan oil and green tea to bring back your hair’s health and shine. This mask deeply moisturizes to stimulate your hair follicles and help soothe your scalp. It also has anti-aging properties to protect your hair, even from the sun’s harmful rays.
Apart from reviving damaged hair, this mask is also infused with oats, quinoa properties, and hydrolyzed keratin to strengthen your hair. In essence, this means you won’t just be reviving your hair but you’ll be making it more resistant to future damage. Another impressive thing about this mask is its formula. It’s paraben-free and cruelty-free.
Also Great: Gliss Hair Repair Anti-Damage Mask
If you want a high-performance formula, Gliss Hair Repair Anti-Damage Mask is the one for you. Its extra strength formula can repair heavily damaged hair by replacing its lost keratin. It will also give your hair more shine.
The mask is really easy to apply. You only need to apply it on your newly washed hair. Just make sure that you squeeze out the excess water first to make sure you don’t dilute the mask. In applying the product, make sure to avoid your scalp and concentrate on your hair, particularly the ends. Leave it on for about a minute before rinsing off.
The mask has a similar consistency to a hair conditioner. It spreads easily and you don’t need to use too much product.
Budget Pick: L’Oreal Paris Hair Care Expertise Everpure Repair and Defend Rinse Out Mask
For those who badly need help with their hair but don’t have the budget to spend on expensive treatments, check out L’Oreal Paris Hair Care Expertise Everpure Repair and Defend Rinse Out Mask. For its price, you’ll get 250ml of product and a formula that can repair and restore your hair’s shine and strength even if your hair has been color-treated.
This mask contains great antioxidants to protect your hair. It has acai and goji which can save your hair from daily the negative effects of daily stressors, like the styling and harsh chemical products.
Another impressive thing about this mask is that it’s sulfate-free. Sulfate is a common ingredient in hair products that break down dirt, oil and product buildup. Although it sounds beneficial, sulfate can be harsh to your hair.
How to Use a Hair Mask
Hair masks aren’t that difficult to apply. In fact, they can only take a few minutes to use. Here’s how:
- A hair mask is best applied on a newly shampooed hair. Make sure you’ve towel-dried your hair.
- Get a good amount of the product and spread it on your hair, part by part. Massage the mask into your hair from the roots to the tips. You can use your hands to separate the sections and work the mask into your hair. Prior to application, make sure that there are no tangles.
- Once you’ve spread the mask evenly on your hair, you can cover your head with a nice, warm towel. You can also use a shower cap.
- Keep the mask on your hair for about 10 minutes or longer, depending on the condition of your hair and the product’s instructions. Some masks require a longer time than others so be sure to read labels and instructions thoroughly.
- Before rinsing off, you can use a cool water to lather the mask on your hair. This is to allow the product to really penetrate the strands of your hair. Use the right shampoo according to your hair type and issue to get rid of the mask. Use an anti-dandruff shampoo if you are dealing with flaky scalp or a volumizing shampoo if your hair is limp. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to keep your hair nourished and hydrated for a longer time.
- To get the best results, always use cold water in rinsing. This will help lock your cuticles and minimize frizz. Save the warm water in washing your hair prior to applying the mask. Warm water helps open up the cuticles, allowing the mask to penetrate the strands.
Now, as to how frequent you should use a hair mask, that will depend on the status of your hair. Ideally, you have to use it each time you shower. However, if your hair isn’t severely damaged, using it once a week will do.
As much as possible, before you actually use a hair mask, take the time to understand what type of hair mask you need. Like other hair products, hair masks differ in ingredients and benefits. For further hair care products, check our top picks on the best purple shampoo, best conditioner for hair growth, top hair trimmers and best hair serum.