Want to amp up your makeup? You’ll need a good highlighting stick for that!
To make sure you get everyone’s attention the next time you apply makeup, we highly recommend the best highlighting stick. Below are our top picks:
Our Pick: Beauty For Real Blush + Glo Highlighter
What’s better than a high-quality highlighting stick? A multipurpose one!
Aside from the excellent quality of Beauty For Real Blush + Glo Highlighter, it can provide you a natural-looking glow because of its creamy texture and airy finish. It has a weightless feel, keeping you comfortable even with full makeup.
If you’re already dealing with signs of skin aging, you’ll appreciate this highlighter even more. It can reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and fine lines because of its advanced formula. It specifically uses a diamond core complex to change the impact of UV light to your benefit.
Not only can this product conceal imperfections; it can also deeply nourish your skin to eliminate them for good. It contains grape seed and pomegranate extracts, two effective antioxidants for skin aging. It also has vitamin E to really boost nourishment.
How does this 2-in-1 product work, anyway? The tip with a higher level of pigmentation works as a blush while the other serves as the highlighter. Just flip the stick whenever necessary.
As a plus, this highlighting stick is cruelty-free. That means it was never tested on animals.
Lastly, to prevent skin irritation, this highlighter has zero parabens. Parabens can cause rosacea and dermatitis.
Runner Up: Shouhengda A02 Shimmer Highlighter
For a more glowing complexion, Shouhengda A02 Shimmer Highlighter is an ideal choice. It can give you a more defined look for a more stunning effect.
This product can also enhance efficiency. It will spread easily when you blend it. It will let you achieve the effect you desire quickly.
Regarding longevity, this highlighting stick is waterproof. Your face will remain contoured – rain or shine.
Also Great: Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight
If you’re the type of person who wants to travel with style, we recommend Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight. Its size is designed for travel so it can easily fit your purse or bag.
The best thing about this product, however, is its oil-free content. No wonder it’s effective for most skin types. Additionally, you may apply it whether or not you have makeup foundation on.
Also Great: MODE Glide & Glow 3-in-1 Highlighter
Here’s another multipurpose highlighter you should consider buying. MODE Glide & Glow 3-in-1 Highlighter can be used as a blush and bronzer. And, since it has a mild formula, it can be applied near your eyes and lips as well.
To be more specific about the gentle formula, it contains organic ingredients like coconut and sweet almond. It can protect, moisturize, and soften your skin.
Budget Pick: Golden Rose Bright Highlighter Stick
Because of its firm structure, Golden Rose Bright Highlighter Stick won’t make any mess. It can even be applied over other types of makeup besides foundation. It is significantly cheaper than other options, so don’t hesitate to choose this product if you’re short on budget.
How to Choose the Right Shade of Highlighter
Just like other makeup variations, highlighters come in different colors to complement all skin tones. The best highlighting stick might be too bright or dark for your skin. To know for sure, remember the following expert tips to guarantee flawless contouring:
- If you have fair or pale skin, use highlighters with a delicate cream or ivory color.
- For tanned or bronzed skin, use golden, peach, or nude highlighters.
- Choose bronze, yellow gold, or rose gold highlighters for darker skin tones.
- Use pink, purple, or blue highlighters if your wrists’ veins have a purple or blue look (cool undertone).
- If your veins look green (warm undertone), choose gold or champagne highlighters.
- If you have a neutral skin tone, you’re so lucky! You may use any highlighter you want. Check if your veins appear bluish and greenish at the same time.
How to Use the Best Highlighting Stick
Finally, we’re going to share some standard tips on applying makeup highlights. Check these out:
- Apply the highlighter as part of the finishing touches. Make sure to use a highlighting stick that goes well with foundations and concealers.
- Spread translucent powder or setting spray on top of your highlights to make them last longer.
- To emphasize your highlights, don’t forget to put something darker under the cheekbones as well as sections on your chin, jaw, and nose.
- Don’t put too much pressure when you swipe the highlighter across each cheekbone. This will stop you from breaking the stick.
- Each swipe should begin at the bottom of the cheekbone, specifically near the edge of your nose. Meanwhile, the endpoint should be near your hairline.
- When applying highlighter along your nose, only swipe the stick once. Too much highlight on your nose bridge can be unflattering.
- The direction of the stick should begin between your eyebrows and end at the tip of your nose.
- You may also apply highlighter around your eyebrows to define them.
- For brighter eyes, apply a little bit of highlighter at the corner of each eye.
- Apply some highlight on the Cupid’s bow, the V-shape point of your lips. Do it by lightly dabbing the stick once.
- Dab the highlighter stick once on your chin for fuller-looking lips.
- You can make your jaw look slimmer by swiping and blending some highlighter along each side.
- If your face has a square or round shape, make a full circle in the middle of your forehead with your highlighter.
- Blend your highlights with your fingers or makeup sponge.
Based on our standards, Beauty For Real Blush + Glo Highlighter is the best highlighting stick. It is a flattering 2-in-1 product, useful for giving your face a pretty blush and a glowing look. More importantly, it is packed with antioxidants from grape seed, pomegranate, and vitamin E.