Keeping your child safe all the time should be a priority. And when you’re on the road, you need to make sure that he’s secure in his seat. The problem, however, is that most infant car seats don’t come cheap. A lot of them are too expensive for the features they have to offer.
Fortunately, there are still quality car seats you can get for a low price. And to help you make the right pick, check out these best infant car seats under $50.
Best Infant Car Seats Under $50 Comparison Table 2018
|Name||Rating||Price||Dimensions and weight (pounds)||Maximum weight limit||Features|
|Cosco Scenera NEXT Convertible Car Seat||3.5||$||10.4 pounds|
33.1 x 17.6 x 17.4 inches
|40 pounds||- 5 points harness
- Detachable cup holder
- Multiple harness locations
|Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat||5||$||17 x 18 x 27 inches||30 pounds||- Side impact protection
- Multiple harness points
- Two way usable; forward and rear facing
- Center adjustable plus front
|Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat||4.3||$||11.6 pounds|
18 x 17 x 25 inches
|40 pounds||- Four shoulder straps along with 5 point harness
- EPS foam for additional protection against side impact
- Wide range usable
|Cosco Apt 40 RF Convertible Car Seat||4||$||10.8 pounds|
31.5 x 23.5 x 17.4 inches
|40 pounds||- Dual built in cup holders
- Rear and forward facing
- Centered 5 point harness system
- Triple buckle location
|Cosco Highback Booster||4.3||$||10.5 pounds|
17 x 16.2 x 17.2 inches
|80 pounds and minimum 22 pounds||- 5 point harness and easy adjustment
- Detachable cup holder
- Lightweight design
- Adjustable belt can be repositioned to accommodate a child of up to 80 pounds
Important Factors to Consider
Safety and design should be your priority. Remember, you don’t really need a lot of features you won’t actually use.
Get a seat that’s easy to install. Its harness should be easy to release as well.
This is because, in emergency situations, such as fires or the need for a swift exit, the last thing you want is your child ‘securely’ locked in. The number of straps is immaterial if they restrain the child completely, firmly and evenly. 3 to 4 straps should be enough.
While higher range infant car seats come with high-quality paddings, getting such a feature in the $50 price range might be an issue. Padding is not only a comfort option but also ensures safety as they maintain proper posture and ‘shield’ vulnerable zones away from direct impact.
A lightweight design has the benefit of making the seat easy to carry. However, it also introduces the implications of becoming unsafe. Some manufacturers employ specialists to design seats in such a way that the impact is designated into the specified crumple zones (which are at times reinforced for this very purpose).
Your priority should start with the child’s frame. He should be able to snugly fit in the seat.
There are numerous manufacturers out there offering great bargains on infant car seats. Take note, however, that not all of them are really safe for your kid. It’s best to do your research first and understand your options before making a purchase. This list of the best infant car seats under $50 should be able to help you get one that’s right for your baby and your budget.
Further Reading on Best Infant Car Seats
- Top 5 And Bottom 5 Safest Infant Car Seat Revealed
- How Many Different Car Seats A Child Needs Growing Up
- Best Infant Car Seats For Twins
- Best Infant Car Seats For Small Car
- What Are The Laws On Infant Car Seats
- Best Infant Car Seats For Girls
- Best Infant Car Seats And Stroller Combo
- What Is A Convertible Seat And Is It Better
- Best Infant Car Seats Under $100
- Best Light Weight Infant Car Seats
- Do Infant Car Seats Need A Base
- Do Infant Car Seats Have Expiration Dates
- How to Install An Infant Car Seat
- Can Infant Car Seat Face Forwards
- Complete Baby Car Seats Recall List 2014, Must Read Before You Buy Anything
- Best Infant Car Seats For Tall Babies