Korean BB creams are great. However, if you want something that’s convenient and offer more benefits, Korean BB cushions are for you. Instead of tubes, they come in compact form and you’ll need to use a polyurethane compact, which typically comes included with the cushion, for dispensing and application. These properties eliminate the need to use makeup brushes, sponges, and other tools for your base.
If you are itching to know the products that topped our list, here’s a quick rundown of the best Korean BB cushions.
Our Pick: Holika Holika Face 2 Change White Cushion BB
For the best Korean BB cushion, Holika Holika Face 2 Change White Cushion BB is a must-try product. It’s a hard working product in that it has anti-wrinkle, whitening and UV protective properties. Take note that its SPF rating is marked at 50 so you’re sure that your skin stays protected from the sun’s harmful rays.
The finish you’ll get from this one is glossy or dewy, so people with oily skin should be careful in using this product. In essence, you’ll want to use a BB cream that can help with oil control, so stick with matte. However, if you have dry or combination skin, this is a good product for you.
As for shade, this one will fit people who have fair to medium-fair skin tone. It comes in two colors, light beige, and natural beige. The first one will fit lighter skin tones and the other shade is for people who have a slightly deeper color. However, although it’s supposed to be the darker shade, it can still be lighter for some.
The product comes with mint extract which can help reduce the size and appearance of your pores. You can also find tea tree oil in it which is great in fighting acne.
Runner Up: IOPE Air Cushion XP Cover
IOPE Air Cushion XP Cover might be a bit pricey, but its benefits far outweigh its price tag. It is infused with vitamins, like vitamin b5 and E, to keep your skin radiant. The product also has SPF 50 to protect your skin against UV damage.
Upon application, the product appears soft and dewy. After awhile and once it has sunk into the skin, it turns into a soft matte finish. Don’t worry as it doesn’t dry down to a flat matte. It will leave your skin moisturized and with a healthy glow. It can even condition the size of your pores and reduce the appearance of your wrinkles and fine lines over time.
Another nice thing about this Korean BB cushion is its puff. It actually has antibacterial properties which are a good thing if you want to avoid acne. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you can keep on using the puff for as long as you like. Just like your makeup brushes, it can still accumulate nasty bacteria.
Also Great: Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control
Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control offers a long lasting matte finish. Apart from that, it also offers good pore coverage. It comes with SPF 50 which may be enough if you aren’t going to be exposed to the sun for long hours. If you are, you’ll get better protection if you’ll wear a separate sunscreen, especially on areas that your BB cushion won’t be able to cover.
The product is non-greasy. In fact, it gives a powdery finish so you can skip your setting powder. Similar with IOPE’s puff, the one you’ll get from Laneige also has antibacterial properties. It can stop mold and bacteria from growing on your puff.
Budget Pick: Missha M Magic Cushion
Missha M Magic Cushion can work wonders despite its cheap price. It’s highly pigmented which gives it the ability to provide great (medium) coverage. It’s pretty long lasting, too. It can absorb sweat and oil without getting dark on your skin. Plus, it feels lightweight on the skin.
This cushion comes with interesting ingredients. It has witch hazel extract which can reduce any inflammation and swelling on your skin. It can also prevent acne, oily skin and even bruises. You can also find bamboo water and Baobab tree fruit extract in its list of ingredients.
The product offers a semi-matte finish that doesn’t feel sticky or greasy. It only comes in two colors, which isn’t surprising for a Korean BB cushion. This will work best for those who have minor imperfections and blemishes. If you have several dark spots, you can use a separate concealer.
This BB cushion can last several hours on your skin. And if you notice your skin oiling up, it’s something that you can easily remedy with a blotting paper. Take note that the product contains natural ingredients for your skin’s safety.
How To Use Korean BB Cushions
Korean BB cushions are somewhat similar to their BB creams. However, unlike the creams, you get a compact for this one. If this is your first time to use a cushion, it can get pretty intimidating.
But, don’t worry. We have the following tips to help you out.
- Korean BB cushions give you more control as to how much product you apply on your skin. The tricky part is in picking up the product. One good tip is to soak the middle part of the puff to pick up the product. Don’t press too hard or you’ll overload your puff.
- Do a swiping motion first and then dab the puff on your skin. This will help spread the product more evenly. For a more flawless result, do a rolling motion with the puff.
- Fold the puff in half and apply on the corners of your nose and undereye area. Make sure you don’t miss out on any hard-to-reach spots on your face.
- For extra coverage, you may want to apply another layer of the cushion. Just repeat the steps mentioned earlier but pay close attention to the layers you are creating. If it’s starting to get cakey, don’t bother applying another layer.
- To set the product in place, you can use a setting powder. Using a powder brush, lightly dust off some powder, paying close attention to where you oil up the most. Another good option is to take out sponge, pick up some translucent powder and press the product into your skin.
- If you are looking for extra coverage, use a concealer on top of your BB cushion. This will help prevent your skin from looking patchy and uneven.