With frequent styling and stress, your hair may no longer have the shine and bounce it used to have. It’s now lifeless, brittle and frizzy.
If you are concerned about these things, then a leave-in conditioner is what you need. Although it can’t really reverse all the damage your hair experienced throughout the years, it can help with repair and protection.
To find the right leave-in conditioner for you, you have to consider what your hair type is and what it needs. For starters, these things can be a bit overwhelming so we took the time to put together this list of the best leave-in conditioners that won’t disappoint.
Our Pick: Sexy Hair Concepts Healthy Sexy Hair Soy-Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner
Topping this list of the best leave-in conditioner, Sexy Hair Concepts Healthy Sexy Hair Soy-Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner works as a moisturizer and a reconstructor. It’s effective and safe to use even on color-treated hair.
The product is formulated with soy, an excellent source of protein. It can help promote optimum hair growth so you can get your best hair ever. In addition to soy, this leave-in conditioner also has cocoa which contains a good amount of antioxidants. In theory, cocoa can add vibrancy, bounce and shine to hair.
Apart from the impressive formula, you’ll love that this product comes with a spray. It makes it easy to apply as you’ll just need to spritz some to your towel-dried or dry hair.
Runner Up: Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner
Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner is a crowd favorite for a handful of reasons. For one, it’s able to lock in moisture to your hair with its conditioning proteins. It can give you great looking curls with its prickly pear cactus extract. In addition to that, it also has vitamin B5 and green tea extract. Together, these ingredients can protect your hair while making it shinier.
The product has a light but creamy consistency. It gives a good amount of moisture which is why this won’t probably work with those with oily hair and scalp. It’s formulated for curly hair, too, but don’t let that discourage you from using it on your straight hair. It will make your tresses easier to manage.
One interesting thing about this leave-in conditioner is that it makes a great product for co-washing. It’s when you wash your hair without shampoo and just use conditioner. It won’t leave your hair greasy, sticky or frizzy.
Also Great: Its A 10 Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin
Its A 10 Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin shouldn’t be out of your list, particularly if you have weak hair. It has a formula that can penetrate each of your hair strands to rebuild and repair them from within. It can make your hair shiny, smooth and soft without weighing it down. Surprisingly, it can also dramatically reduce your hair fall.
The product comes in a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle. Its packaging is sturdy and you can easily bring it with you when you travel. There is no significant fragrance which is good if you have sensitive skin or you’re not particularly into scents.
Take note that this leave-in conditioner can be pricey. However, considering its formula, benefits, and packaging, this one can give you more than your money’s worth.
Budget Pick: TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost
If you are looking for an inexpensive leave-in conditioner, TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost is definitely it. It comes in an eye-catching packaging so you won’t surely miss this one out. The product is formulated to help repair split-ends and smoothen hair.
Unfortunately, this leave-in conditioner is a bit hard to bring when traveling. Although it has a self-locking mechanism to prevent the product from spilling, the odd shape of its bottle can be tricky to pack with your other hair care products.
TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost has a cloudy appearance with a runny consistency. It’s extremely lightweight and appears to have more water than oil. If you have really dry hair, this may not work that well for you as your hair needs something more moisturizing. Otherwise, you’ll have no problem using this one every single day. It has a fruity scent which is a sure treat to your senses.
How To Use Leave-In Conditioners
For first-time users, leave-in conditioners can be intimidating. You’ll worry about looking greasy, feeling sticky and getting an itchy scalp after. The truth, however, is that these products can actually give your hair care routine its much-needed boost. It can provide your hair with the protection and nourishment it needs to be healthy.
But, how exactly do you leave-in conditioners? Check these out:
- Wash your hair first with a shampoo that fits your hair type. This is to make sure that no dirt and excess oil can cause problems on your hair and scalp.
- Towel-dry your hair. There should be no excess water that can dilute your leave-in conditioner. Squeeze your hair from the middle to the tip using a clean towel.
- Apply your leave-in conditioner depending on its type. In general, there are two types of leave-in conditioner. One is cream and the other is spray. Use the spray version if you have thin or really straight hair. It’s light which won’t add more weight to your hair. Go with the cream type if you have thick and curly hair. As it is thicker, it will weigh your hair down, making it look straighter and less frizzy.The amount you should use will depend on how long or thick your hair is. Medium length hair with average thickness should be fine with a pea-sized amount of leave-in conditioner.
- After application, you can style as usual. You can blow dry or air dry your hair. If you are blow drying your hair, make sure to avoid using the hottest temperature as that can be very damaging to your strands. Don’t hold your blow dryer too close as well.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb. Skip your hairbrush at this point as your hair is at its most vulnerable when wet.