Lip crayons aren’t really new. But, with how convenient and fun they are to use, a lot of people are getting more and more interested in them. They can add a hint of color on your lips that are long lasting and not drying. They can come in matte, sheer, opaque or glossy finish. And although they are crayons, you don’t really need a sharpener to use them.
For the best lip crayon, here are the products that deserve a slot in your vanity.
Our Pick: Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Crayon
Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Crayon takes the top spot as our best lip crayon. It has this creamy texture and that’s enriched with three nourishing ingredients- shea butter, kendi oil and jojoba oil. The combination of these ingredients makes the product really effective in giving lips that lightweight moisture.
This lip crayon is highly pigmented. You can get a fully opaque color in just two layers. As for the finish, this one leaves a rich, matte finish. There’s no distinct taste or scent to this one, which doesn’t really come as a surprise. After all, it’s 100% natural.
Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon is available in six gorgeous shades. There’s a cool mid-tone pink and an earthy pink nude among your other choices. The colors are creamy despite being matte. It completely sets on the lips around 30 seconds after application. And when it does set, you won’t feel any tightness on your lips. There’s no dryness, too. You can wear it alone or under your favorite lip product.
Runner Up: Revlon Balm Stain
Similar to the first one, Revlon Balm Stain also has shea butter. On top of that, it also has mango and coconut butter. It promises to give a lightweight moisture to ensure comfort with wear. You can layer it on your lips without feeling heavy or your lips looking patchy. It has the slightest hint of a cooling menthol scent that isn’t bothering at all. The scent doesn’t last long either.
When you apply the product on your lips, you’ll love that it feels soft and buttery. It glides on easily on the lips, without any tugging. The color lasts well throughout the day, too, with little to no retouch. It makes a great choice for those who are too busy with work to stop and fix their lip color. This one doesn’t bleed into the outer corners of the lips
The Balm Stain is available in a wide range of colors. The coverage it offers is sheer, but not too sheer. It’s enough to give your lips a hint of color but it may be inadequate if you are looking for something that can hide your lips’ pigmentation. The product comes with a pointed tip which is a big help if you want a precise and accurate application.
Also Great: Julep It’s Balm Plush Pout Full-Coverage Lip Crayon
If you are looking for something that offers full coverage, Julep It’s Balm Plush Pout Full-Coverage Lip Crayon is a highly recommended product. It’s ultra-pigmented with a moisturizing core (without color) that’s formulated with vitamin E. It comes in 13 different shades, ranging from apricot nude to magenta plum.
The product provides a lot of color and moisture. Those are two things you’d want in a lip crayon. It’s easy to apply, but you may find that it doesn’t fully set. This means that there’s the chance that it could smear.
This lip crayon is rich and creamy. It offers a semi-gloss finish which can give your lips a healthy-looking shine.
Budget Pick: E.L.F. Matte Lip Color
Providing a long lasting matte color, E.L.F Matte Lip Color is the best lip crayon for those who are on a tight budget. Apart from the great pigmentation, this one is also infused with vitamins A, C and E to nourish your lips.
Similar to the ones listed above, E.L.F Matte Lip Color comes in the form of a jumbo pencil. It’s a twist-up pen so you don’t really need to sharpen them. Its texture is on the creamy side, which is something surprising for a lip product that’s matte. It goes on smoothly on the lips, but applying a lip balm prior can make application a lot smoother.
This lip crayon is unscented and feels really light on the lips. It’s pretty long-wearing, too. It could last about 5 to 6 hours. Take note that the product can transfer so eating and drinking can affect its longevity. This, however, is something you can easily remedy. Since the lip crayon is small, you can fit it in your purse for quick touchups.
Why You Should Get A Lip Crayon Instead
Frankly, lipsticks are great. But, if you want more than just color, go with lip crayons. Here are some of the best reasons why.
- Lip crayons are often infused with nourishing ingredients. Some of the most common ingredients you’ll find include Shea butter and jojoba oil. There are also lip crayons that come with anti-aging benefits. They are formulated to address the fine lines on your lips as well as prevent new lines from forming. If you have dry, cracked lips, choose lip crayons over lipsticks.
- Lip crayons have the tendency to stain the lips. You can wear them underneath your other lip products so that when they come off, your lips can still have that hint of color.
- They can layer well, too. Unlike lipsticks, you can layer lip crayons without having to worry too much about cracking and flaking. Apart from that, layering the product on your lips, underneath your lipsticks and glosses, can actually make the color last longer.
- Lip crayons can save you time. Instead of having to go through the tedious process of applying liners, lipsticks and lip glosses, you’ll only need one product to get all their benefits.
- Lip crayons are designed to give protection to your lips while giving them an added boost in hydration and softness.
- Since lip crayons can provide you with the benefits of the other lip products, you can actually end up saving more.