Is your skin a little bit too picky recently?
If yes, then you may have sensitive skin. Consider switching to a natural deodorant that does the job while having no ingredients that can harm the skin.
But, there are just too many options on the market. With a lot of products to choose from, how do you pick the best?
That’s what we’re here for.
Here are what we think as the best natural deodorants for sensitive skin:
Our Pick: Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant
The Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant has no aluminum, paraben, and baking soda. Basically, what your leading deodorant has, you won’t find it here.
This natural deodorant is excellent at protecting against odor without the sticky feel. So whether you’re at work, hanging out with friends, or even at the gym, it won’t let you down.
If you love scented deodorants, this product comes with a lot of varieties. However, this specific item is already unscented which we think works best for sensitive skin.
What sets this apart is that it has been used by Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, and other holistic systems. It combines mineral salt and seaweed extract to reduce odor-causing bacteria.
Here’s what we like most:
Are you tired of those yellow stains your old deodorant leaves on your clothes? With this item, those marks won’t be a problem anymore!
The best part is that it comes in a roll-on and can last for up to 3 months. The bottle is also BPA-free and recyclable, so you’re also caring for the environment at the same time.
Runner Up: Magsol Magnesium Deodorant
People suffer from Magnesium-deficiency. The best way to replenish Magnesium is by soaking it through the skin. See the logic?
This product uses Sweet Almond Oil as its base. It is a non-comedogenic type of oil that doesn’t cause irritation, so it’s perfect for all skin types.
Plus, it has beeswax to protect and moisturize your skin.
It even comes in different variants to suit your taste. But, we chose this specific scent because it’s one of those suited for sensitive skin.
This natural deodorant has a twister mechanism, so it’s fairly easy to use. However, we didn’t like the way it stained our clothes so we personally skipped out on this one.
Also Great: Nasanta Magnesium Deodorant
This item uses only the purest Magnesium from Japan. This mineral is responsible for relaxing tired muscles, energy production, and other bodily functions.
This natural deodorant is unscented. It is free of any irritants such as baking soda and alcohol as well so it’s safe even for sensitive skin.
Meaning, it won’t sting even if you apply it after shaving.
This Australian product is made by cosmetic professionals and has passed quality standards. It is tested on humans, so you’re assured none of our furry friends were hurt in the process.
It comes in a roll-on form that can last for up to 3 months. We also like that it doesn’t stain our clothes, so we’re confident to move in any way we want.
Budget Pick: PRIMAL PIT PASTE Natural Deodorant
This product is different from the previous three because it comes in jar form. The consistency of the deodorant is a bit soft, but it comes with a stick to help scoop it out.
It has added candelilla wax so you don’t have to worry about it melting quickly. But, we still suggest storing it in a place that’s not too hot so you won’t ruin the product.
This vegan product only has seven ingredients that are easy to pronounce and understand. And, it has organic Shea butter and coconut oil to help soothe the skin.
Its plastic cap is also BPA-free. However, we didn’t like that the actual jar is made of glass, so it can be a hassle taking it when traveling.
How to Choose the Best Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
Most leading deodorants contain ingredients that aren’t good for your health. So although you haven’t had negative reactions yet, try switching to a natural deodorant as early as now.
Here’s our guide to choosing the best natural deodorant for sensitive skin:
Skip your deodorant if it has:
- Aluminum – a primary ingredient of deodorants that helps prevent sweating. But for sensitive skin, this can cause rashes, redness, and itchiness.
- Alcohol – it helps deodorants dry quicker and extend its shelf-life. However, it leads to irritation and dry skin if you have sensitive skin.
- Fragrance (or parfum) – it is added to make a product smell nice and mask its “secret formula.” But, you really don’t know which chemicals are added to it that can cause an allergic reaction.
- Parabens – these preservatives prevent bacteria and mold from growing in your deodorant. However, they can lead to skin irritations and are potentially carcinogenic.
- Propylene Glycol – this ingredient can harm important internal organs when used regularly. It is also notorious for causing skin irritations.
- Baking Soda – though natural and great at removing body odor, it disrupts the skin’s pH. This can also cause irritation, rashes, and redness in sensitive skin.
What a natural deodorant looks like:
- Paraben-, phthalate-, and paraben-free
- Artificial fragrance and color-free
- Go unscented – essential oils like sandalwood, rosemary, and nutmeg are great fragrances for sensitive skin. But if you’re really sensitive, you can never go wrong with unscented deodorants.
The Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant is our best natural deodorant for sensitive skin. It, however, contains ethanol so you may want to do a skin test first before trying it out.