A purple shampoo can be your blonde hair’s best friend. It can neutralize brassiness and yellow tones so your hair can remain as beautiful as ever. It can also save you a lot of money from your trips to the salon. Since it can extend the life of your hair color, you’ll be able to lessen the times you visit your hair stylist.
Now, how do you pick the best purple shampoo? We did all the hard work for you and gathered the best brands today. All you need to do is pick one from this list and enjoy your hair color for a longer time.
Our Pick: Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo is the best purple shampoo whether you’re a natural blonde or you’re aspiring to look like one. It has a protein-enriched coloring formula that can tone down any brassiness on blonde or gray hair. It can also renew and refresh faded highlights. It can remove yellow and white hair so your hair color can look its best.
The product smells really nice and that can easily draw you in. It’s not like other purple shampoos that smell like chemicals. It lathers pretty nicely and it will color your hair purple. However, you shouldn’t feel intimidated by that as the color gets washed off easily once you rinse it.
To get the best results, you need to keep the shampoo on your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes. You can use it once a week or more than that if you prefer and if your hair can tolerate it. Keep in mind that when you use it, you’ll need to lather it twice. After rinsing out the first lather, reapply the shampoo but don’t leave it as long as the first time.
Runner Up: Artnaturals Purple Duo
Artnaturals Purple Duo is another purple shampoo you shouldn’t miss. It comes in a big size which means you’ll have enough product to work with for weeks and months. The product is formulated with two really great ingredients. For one, it has vitamin E which is known for its nourishing and protecting properties for the hair, particularly color treated ones. It also has coconut oil which can help seal in moisture to your hair strands.
The product is safe for daily use. Since it’s free from sulfate, you won’t have to worry about it causing negative reactions to your hair and skin.
After washing your hair with this shampoo, you’ll enjoy the squeaky clean feeling it creates. However, as that can be a bit drying for the hair, make sure you follow up with a good conditioner. Fortunately, the product already comes with one.
The conditioner is true to its claims. It doesn’t just protect your hair color but it also leaves the hair soft and manageable.
Also Great: JOICO Color Endure Violet Shampoo
JOICO Color Endure Violet Shampoo is a popular product for those who have blonde hair. It’s because of its ability to neutralize any unwanted yellow or brassy tones with its violet dye. It’s also formulated with UV protector and antioxidants to make sure your hair stays healthy and shiny.
The shampoo has a very light fragrance. It’s barely noticeable so you won’t have any problem with that. Unlike other purple shampoos, this one doesn’t leave the hair dry, dehydrated, and stiff. In fact, it leaves just the right amount of moisture so your hair stays soft and manageable. The product has a thick consistency but it’s not that hard to rinse out.
Budget Pick: Fanola No Yellow Shampoo
Fanola No Yellow Shampoo is the perfect choice for those who are on a tight budget. For its price, you’ll get a shampoo that really does a great job in toning down unwanted yellow hues on gray and blonde hair.
Take note, however, that this product isn’t an overnight miracle worker. You have to use it regularly if you want to see noticeable changes in your hair. And as you use it, make sure to really massage the product into your hair and the area near the roots. This way, you’ll be able to address the brassiness of your hair from root to tip.
The shampoo has a very pleasant scent that makes it even more fun to use. It’s pretty thick but it’s not really difficult to use. Its intense violet pigment can be easily washed off the skin but for precaution, it’s a good idea to use gloves.
How to Use A Purple Shampoo
Maintaining a blonde hair is no easy task. It can easily turn brassy and yellow if you’re not careful with your hair care routine. Fortunately, there are a lot of purple shampoos that can help you with that.
Now, if you’re unsure about how to use them, here’s a quick guide you can refer to:
- Pick the right purple shampoo. Make sure that it has the right intensity and thickness your hair needs. Pick one with a solid color as that can help you achieve the results you want. If you have a light blonde hair, go for a brighter purple shampoo. If you have platinum, silver or gray hair, pick a darker one.
- Make sure to wet your hair completely before applying your shampoo. Try using a slightly warm water to allow your hair shafts to expand. This will help your shampoo penetrate them easier.
- Rub and massage the shampoo from the roots of your hair down to its tip. Pay close attention to your problem areas like those spots that look more brassy.
- Leave the shampoo on your hair for 2 to 3 minutes or as long as the product recommends. This can vary from brand to brand so make sure you carefully read your product’s instructions.
- Rinse your hair and follow up with a good conditioner. As much as possible, stick with a purple conditioner to achieve the best results.
- For maintenance, you may need to use the shampoo once a week or whenever the brassiness becomes intense. You can use non-tinted shampoos in between your use of purple shampoo.
- In case you are not seeing results, increase your use of the shampoo to twice or thrice a week. Remember to deep condition your hair a few times each month.