Circular saws come in different sizes for a reason. If you need something handier for simpler projects, you should go for the mini version. To help you pick the right one for you, below are the products we can recommend as the best small circular saw.
Our Pick: Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw
Don’t let its size fool you; Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw is very powerful. It comes with a five-amp electric motor that’s comparable to bigger saws with 3,500 revolutions per minute (RPM). In just one stroke, it can effortlessly cut a two-by-four.
If you’re going to work for long hours, this product can reduce the risk of strain in your arms. It only weighs five pounds, much lighter than the standard circular saws.
This tool also has a slim grip to ensure balance. It will give you total control as you work, ultimately leading to comfort. As a plus, the grip will make it easier for you to do overhead cuts.
Additionally, this circular saw has a left-handed blade so you can easily spot the cut line. That can ensure precision for smoother cuts, resulting in a high-quality outcome for your project.
Runner Up: Dremel SM20-02 Saw-Max Tool Kit
If you prefer something more versatile, Dremel SM20-02 Saw-Max Tool Kit is a strong option. Aside from usual projects like woodworking, it can also be used for tasks involving metal, tile, masonry, and plastic. It takes power and durability to another level with its six-amp motor and worm drive.
Meanwhile, flush cutting is a breeze with this tool. It specifically uses a second-wheel position.
What’s included in the set, anyway? It has a dust port adapter to maintain cleanliness in your work area. It also has a cutting guide and a bunch of extra-sharp wheels you can secure in a heavy-duty case.
Also Great: Genesis GCS545C Compact Circular Saw
With its 5.8-amp motor and 3,500 RPM, Genesis GCS545C Compact Circular Saw works with a triple-gear reduction to maximize torque. It can cut a thick material without any hassle. Another feature enhancing performance is the blade’s tip made of tungsten and carbide.
In addition, this product promotes cleaning convenience. It has a vacuum adaptor and a built-in dust port. It can remove debris from surfaces quickly.
Also Great: VonHaus Compact Circular Saw
For the sake of convenience, VonHaus Compact Circular Saw has a slim handle. It will help you achieve one-handed operation smoothly.
As you can see, this tool comes with other attachments. It has a guide fence for straighter cuts and a special adjustment for angled cuts. You may also adjust its depth up to an inch.
Other features include the dust extraction port and the miter function. The miter will let you crosscut materials with efficiency and precision.
Also Great: WORX WX523L Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
To keep you from accidentally hurting yourself, WORX WX523L Lithium-Ion Circular Saw has a safety trigger on its grip. The grip will also improve your control when making straight cuts.
Speaking of cuts, this tool has great depth for one-inch stock lumber. It even uses a left-sided blade to enhance cut-line visibility.
Budget Pick: TECCPO TAMS24P Circular Saw
This tool may look expensive because of its laser, but TECCPO TAMS24P Circular Saw is actually the most affordable one here. The laser beam, together with the scale ruler and the sturdy base, can boost accuracy.
When it comes to power, the motor is made of copper to stay durable for years. The iron base also has a tough structure to withstand heavy use.
We also want to highlight the tool’s handle. It consists of rubber to strengthen your grip even when you sweat. It can even protect you from electrocution because of its insulating layer.
Lastly, the dust catcher will keep your eyes safe from sawdust. It can also enhance accuracy by consistently making the cut line clean.
How to Use the Best Small Circular Saw
Because of the size of the best small circular saw, operating it will be a little bit different than the traditional type. That’s why we’re here to show you these tips based on the brand’s manual:
- If you need to adjust the depth, lift up the depth adjustment lever first to release it.
- Once the adjustment lever is released, move the base plate upward or downward until you achieve the target depth.
- To lock the plate at your target depth, push the adjustment lever again.
- Use the parallel guide to make straight cuts.
- The parallel guide should be inserted into its clamping fixture based on your target cutting distance.
- Lock the parallel guide by tightening the clamping screw.
- If you need to adjust the angle, the first thing you need to do is push the bevel adjustment lever counterclockwise to release it.
- Tilt the plate up or down until you achieve your target angle.
- Push the lever clockwise to lock the angle.
How to Maintain and Store a Small Circular Saw
- Make sure the blade is sharp.
- Carefully check the cord for any damage.
- Clean the tool’s surfaces by wiping them with a dry cloth.
- Remove dust and debris from the controls, ventilation slots, guard, and base.
- Store the device in a dry area.
Finally, here are some of the necessary precautions users must take seriously:
- Your workspace shouldn’t be cluttered.
- Make sure there’s sufficient lighting in your work area.
- Don’t work near flammable liquids and other similar substances.
- The plug of your mini circular saw should match the electric outlet you’re going to use.
- The cord shouldn’t be exposed to oil, heat, and sharp materials.
- Never wash any power tool.
- If you need to work outdoors, your extension cord should be able to handle different environmental factors.
Because of the high level of power, comfort, and convenience it brings, Rockwell RK3441K is the best small circular saw. Its power is comparable to some full-sized saws. In addition, the product’s lightweight structure and comfortable grip are helpful for both amateurs and pros.