Exfoliation is one of the most important steps in your skin care routine you shouldn’t miss. Skipping this step can result in a handful of annoying problems, like acne, clogged pores, dull skin and excessively oily skin.
These things can easily make your feel too conscious of yourself. They might even make it hard for you to put on your makeup.
Because we understand these concerns, we gladly put together this list of the best sugar scrub for you. Each product has been carefully reviewed and ranked to make sure you get nothing but the best.
Our Pick: Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub, Tropical Mango
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub, Tropical Mango takes the top spot in this review of the best sugar scrub. Containing organic shea butter, this product can repair and moisturize your skin. It can also promote elasticity and slow down signs of skin aging. Apart from shea butter, this sugar scrub also has mango puree. This ingredient can surely wake your senses up as it provides the skin with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
This sugar scrub contains essential oils, too. It has safflower seed oil, macadamia seed oil, and orange oil. Together, these three can improve your complexion, reduce sun damage and provide your skin with the protection it needs to stay healthy.
Despite the rich texture, this product doesn’t leave any annoying residues on the skin. Take note that it gives an intense exfoliating effect. If your skin is extremely sensitive, test it out first and make sure to not rub your skin too hard when you use it.
Runner Up: Majestic Pure Brown Sugar Scrub
This list wouldn’t be complete without Majestic Pure Brown Sugar Scrub. It’s one of the best sugar scrubs you can use for cellulite, stretch marks, varicose veins and even acne. It’s formulated with great nourishing ingredients to make sure you don’t compromise your skin in the process. It has jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, and sweet almond oil. It also contains dead sea salts and brown sugar.
Surprisingly, this scrub can provide your skin with up to 24 hours of moisture. The brown sugar, apart from exfoliating dead skin cells, also works as a natural humectant to prevent moisture loss. The scrub dissolves easily which means you don’t have to worry about finding gritty granules when you’re already drying your skin. It’s not sticky and it won’t leave residues on your pores, too.
The scrub smells great, thanks to its citrus oil content. It also has peppermint to invigorate your senses. If you aren’t into these scents, don’t worry. The smell doesn’t linger that long on the skin
Also Great: Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub
Containing natural black sugar, Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub is a powerful product you can use on blackheads, excessively oily skin and dull complexion. Its scrubs are so fine that you can actually use the product on your face daily. Remember, however, that you should always test a product out before you actually use it. Some body scrubs don’t always work well when used on facial skin.
One of the things you may not like this product is its small packaging. However, you don’t really need to use too much product when you’re exfoliating so that’s quite acceptable. Apart from that, one jar isn’t that expensive, too.
Budget Pick: Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Sugar Cane Body Polish
For the best sugar scrub that won’t break the bank, choose Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Sugar Cane Body Polish. For its price, you’ll get a body scrub that can effectively lift up your skin’s impurities and buff away dead skin cells. It contains honey and kukui nut oil to polish your skin.
Apart from the impressive price tag, this body scrub is also free from parabens, synthetic fragrances, and phthalates. It’s cruelty-free, too. Although this product is hypoallergenic, it’s best if you can avoid using it on the delicate areas of your body, including your face. You can, however, apply it liberally to the rest of your body.
The scrub smells sugary and sweet but it’s not that annoying. It’s just the perfect smell you’ll enjoy in the shower and will disappear as quickly as you rinse the product off.
Top Tips On How To Use A Sugar Scrub
Exfoliation isn’t as easy as it sounds. Without the right techniques and products, you can easily end up with more skin issues. You’ll have skin redness, irritation and damaged skin.
So, to help you incorporate sugar scrubs into your skincare routine, here are the top tips you should know.
- The first step is to wash your skin. This is to get rid of any dirt, makeup residues, and oil on the surface of your skin. If you wear makeup, you can use a makeup remover first or a micellar water to get everything off of your face.
- Rinse your face with warm water. This is to help open up your pores to make it easier for the scrub to get all impurities off.
- Get some sugar scrub and gently apply it on your face. Use gentle, circular motions on your skin. Although your goal is to get rid of dead skin cells, you should still be gentle. You can use your finger pads to make sure you don’t apply more pressure than you need.
- Don’t forget to read instructions. Some sugar scrubs work best when left on the skin for a couple of minutes.
- If you are exfoliating your face, don’t forget your neck. If you are using your scrub on your body, pay attention to your knees, elbows, and ankles. These are the areas that are easily overlooked and forgotten.
- When you are done and when you are sure you’ve scrubbed everything, rinse your face and body. Make sure that there are no more granules left. Some scrubs leave a sticky residue so consider that, too.
- Apply a good moisturizer. The best time to do it is as soon as you step out of the shower. This will help bring back your skin’s lost moisture and strengthen its barrier. In choosing your moisturizer, make sure to pick one that fits your skin type.