Flashing a smile with teeth that are stained and yellow is never pretty. In fact, it can make you look unhealthy. At times, it can affect the way you socialize with others and even your confidence.
While getting your teeth white with the help of professionals sounds like the best idea, it can easily burn holes in your wallet. And if you are struggling with a tight budget, that is definitely not an option.
So, what to do?
Do an at-home teeth whitening treatment. With this list of the best teeth whitening kit, you’ll be able to flash your pearly white teeth without breaking your budget.
Our Pick: Crest 3D White Whitestrips with Light Teeth Whitening Kit
Promising to give you whitening results that can last for 36 months, Crest 3D White Whitestrips with Light Teeth Whitening Kit topped our list fo the best teeth whitening kit. It utilizes a lightweight, water-resistant, and disposable handheld device to weaken stains and whiten teeth. It’s a lot better and more effective than using the strips alone.
Each kit comes with 10 whitening strip treatments for your upper and lower teeth and 1 blue light. To get the best results, you need to apply the strips on your teeth and wear them for a full hour. You can drink during such time but we don’t really recommend it as can taste like chemicals.
After an hour, take the light and press the buttons simultaneously until the light turns on. Place the light on top of the strips until the light turns off after a few minutes. Repeat the same steps for your lower teeth and you’re done.
Take note that your teeth can get sensitive and your gums can get sore which are common effects of whitening kits. If your pain tolerance is low, you should probably consider another kit.
Runner Up: Dental Duty Professional Teeth Whitening Kit
Dental Duty Professional Teeth Whitening Kit is another great option for people looking for ways to whiten their teeth without burning holes in their wallet. This kit promises to make your teeth 8 shades whiter. It features a professional whitening gel which can effectively remove surface stains typically caused by drinking coffee, smoking, or tartar buildup. Its formula is gluten-free and has a safe level of peroxide so you won’t end up with really sensitive teeth.
Apart from that, it also has a remineralization gel. If you are a first-time bleacher or you have a really sensitive set of teeth, this gel can help reduce any sensitivity. Because of how it works, it’s also called as a desensitizing gel. It needs to be applied first before the white gel.
In addition to the gels, you also get a blue LED light which you can use to speed up the process. It has an on and off switch so you can easily control its use. There are pre-formed trays, too. You won’t need to boil them, making the process a lot easier.
Also Great: Active Wow Teeth Whitening – Premium Kit
Active Wow Teeth Whitening – Premium Kit can improve the color of your teeth in just one use. It might sound like an ambitious claim but it does work. The kit comes with everything you need to transform your teeth. It has 2 whitening syringes, 2 remineralization gel, 3 professional trays, and 1 whitening accelerator light. It also comes with a tray case which you can use to keep your kit safe and clean.
To get the most out of this kit, try to use it once a day for 15 minutes to get rid of stains from coffee, smoking, and wine.
Budget Pick: EverWhite At Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit
For a really affordable option to at home whitening, try the EverWhite At Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit. It can remove tough stains from coffee, wine, and tobacco so you can get pearly white teeth fast.
For its price, you’ll get 2 moldable mouth trays, a shade guide, and a deep cleaning teeth wipe. You also get 2 vitamin E syringes, 2 dental-grade teeth whitening gels, and 1 LED light teeth whitener. There’s a detailed manual, too.
Take note that because the price is cheap, you can’t really expect the product to last that long. It will only last for a long time if you know how to take care of it properly. Store your kit properly when not in use and make sure to keep it dry to avoid bacteria from building up.
How to Use A Teeth Whitening Kit At Home
Whitening your teeth at home may sound like an intimidating process. In reality, however, it’s really easy- as long as you know how to do it properly.
Now, how to get started? Below are some tips you can use.
- Start by molding the tray. Simply pour boiling water into a bowl and dip one tray at a time for about 2 to 3 seconds. After removing from the water, carefully place the tray over your teeth and suck out the air. Do this carefully as the tray would be hot.
- Gently bite down to ensure a perfect fit. You can use your fingers to firmly mold the tray to your teeth. Once the fit is good, take off the tray and place it in cold water. Do the same steps for the other tray.
- Brush your teeth first and place a good amount of the whitening gel on the tray.
- Place the tray on your upper and lower teeth and turn on the LED light. You can place it under your lips so you won’t have to hold it.
- Leave the tray in your mouth for 30 minutes or as stated in the instructions.
- After such time is over, rinse your mouth and brush your teeth again with your toothpaste.
- Remember to clean your trays so they’re nice and ready for your next treatment.
- Now, if you feel any pain or discomfort, remove the trays and rinse your mouth. Apply the desensitization gel to both your teeth and gums and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing off. Brush your teeth after. You can continue applying the gel for up to five days after your treatment to ensure that you won’t get bothered by any pain.