A lot of baby bottles are durable enough for dishwashers. However, we can’t just assume that the nipples would also withstand the device. Are bottle nipples dishwasher-safe?
Don’t worry; as long as the bottle’s label indicates it’s dishwasher-safe, there’s no need for you to handwash the nipples. In fact, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the caps and rings may also be included. Just make sure to choose a trustworthy brand.
Also, you need to know how to handle the nipples during the entire process. Simply follow these tips:
- Rinse the nipples thoroughly before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Place the nipples in a small mesh laundry bag to prevent them from reaching the filter.
- Before removing the mesh bag from the dishwasher, see to it that your hands are clean.
- Air-dry the nipples by leaving them on a clean towel for several minutes.
- Wait until the nipples are completely dry before you store them in an airtight container.
Are bottle nipples dishwasher-safe?
There’s no need to worry if the baby bottle is 100% dishwasher-safe. Every component is durable enough for the device.