After feeding, it’s essential for you to burp your baby. It’s one way for him to stay comfortable. However, as a first-time mom, you need to make sure you do it safely.
With that, here’s how to burp baby after feeding:
On your chest
- Sit comfortably on the chair with your baby against your chest. His chin should be resting on your shoulder.
- Remember to support his head as well as his shoulders with your hands.
Gently pat his back.
On your lap
- Sit on a chair and place your baby on your lap. He should be facing away from your body.
- Use one of your arms to support his body. Your palm should be supporting his chest but remember to keep your fingers away from his throat.
- Lean your child forwards and rub his back with your free hand.
Across your lap
- Place your baby lying down with his face toward your legs.
- With your hand, support your baby’ chin.
- Hold your baby’s head slightly higher than the rest of his body.
- Pat his back gently using your free hand.
To get a better idea on how to burp baby after feeding, watch the video below: