Sooner or later, you’ll have no choice but to replace the blade of your miter saw. If you’re unsure about the correct process, allow us to teach you how to change miter saw blade.
Before we discuss the method, you should know first the tools or materials needed. All you have to do is prepare an Allen wrench, screwdriver, and oil. Then, proceed to the following steps based on the tips from DoItYourself.com:
Remove the blade
Here are the specifics regarding the initial stage:
- Make sure that the miter saw is unplugged.
- Loosen the blade guard’s screw.
- Remove the blade guard from its position.
- Press the spindle lock of the miter saw.
- Turn the bolt clockwise with an Allen wrench until it’s loose.
- Remove the outer washer of the blade by hand.
Install the new blade
For the next stage, remember to do these steps:
- Read the user’s manual and take note of the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour a tiny amount of oil on a washcloth.
- Wipe the washers using the washcloth.
- Put the new blade with its teeth facing down.
- Reinstall the outer washer, bolt, and blade guard.