For anyone who likes drinking coffee, having an espresso machine is convenient. You can make your very own coffee drink whenever you’re craving for it. However, after some time, your espresso may start tasting weird as minerals build up in your machine. With that, it’s important for you to know how to clean espresso machine with vinegar. This ingredient works really well in removing limescale.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Take an equal amount of water and vinegar and mix them in a squirt bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the exterior of the machine and wipe with a soft washcloth.
- Add 1 part water and 1 part vinegar to your machine and brew the mixture. Process it like you’re making your regular espresso- without the coffee.
- After that, take out the vinegar mixture and run the machine with just plain water.
- With warm, soapy water, clean and wash the filter basket. Once you are done with that, you can dry the machine by hand.
For other ways to clean your espresso machine, we have a handy guide you can check out. Also, like your espresso machine, don’t forget to clean your coffee grinder as well. Proper maintenance of your machines can help you recreate your favorite coffee drink you enjoy in your local coffee shops.