Aiming for a more flawless look when you apply makeup? Luckily for you, we’re going to reveal the basics on how to use concealer for dark spots.
But, first, you should know that the process will only be effective if you use the right concealer. According to an expert advise, dark spots can only be concealed with a red or orange tint. If you’re curious about the purpose of other tinted concealers, here’s a list:
- Green = minimize redness
- Yellow = brighter skin
- Lavender = correct yellow tones
However, if the dark areas are under your eyes, the concealer should be one to two shades lighter than your skin tone.
After making sure that you have the right concealer, take note of the following tips:
- Blend the concealer with your fingertips. You may also use a small brush.
- Dab or pat the concealer when you blend. Never rub it.
- Dark spots only need a thin layer of concealer. Excessive amounts may appear cakey.
- Draw an upside-down triangle under your eyes with the concealer if there are dark areas there. Make sure there’s no gap between the triangle’s base and your lash line.
- Apply foundation to set the concealer.
Learning how to use concealer for dark spots will save you from an embarrassing makeup fail. One mistake might highlight your flaws instead of concealing them.