You can’t just buy any curling iron. Some barrels are either too big or too small for certain hairstyles. There’s a huge chance you’d regret your purchase if your expectations aren’t met.
- 3/8 inch = emphasize unruly natural curls
- 5/8 inch = even out natural curls
- 3/4 inch = vintage-style curls
- 1 inch = tousled look for short hair; soft curls for long hair
- 1 1/4 inch = versatile for tight and loose curls
- 1 1/2 inch = loose, thick curls
- 2 inches = blowout look for long hair
As you can see, the 1-inch and the 1-1/4-inch types are the most versatile ones. You should consider these options if you’re a styling pro. They’re also easy to use for beginners.
The curling iron size guide aims to help you choose the right model for your preferences. It also reminds you that your hair type and length are crucial factors.
Aside from curling irons, you should also consider curling wands. Find out if you’ll have an easier time using them.