If you’re about to use a diffuser for your loose waves, make sure it won’t make your hair frizzy. This type of blow dryer attachment can be harsh for your locks if not used properly. Luckily for you, we’ve discovered some helpful tips on how to diffuse wavy hair without frizz.
The key here is to prep your hair first with the right products. By doing this, the process will be so much easier for you. More importantly, your hair will look healthier and feel softer.
Without further ado, here’s what you should do when diffusing your hair:
- Wash your hair with smoothing shampoo and moisturizing conditioner.
- Spread the products all over your hair with a wide-tooth comb.
- After rinsing, squeeze excess water by scrunching your tips upward.
- Wrap your hair with a piece of soft fabric (e.g., cotton T-shirt).
- On damp hair, apply volumizing mousse by flipping your hair forward and moving your hands upward.
- Repeat Step 5 with organic moisturizing oil.
- Attach the diffuser on your blow dryer.
- Set your hairdryer to low heat.
- Flip your hair forward.
- Place the diffuser under your tips.
- Move the blow dryer upward until the diffuser touches your scalp.
- Lightly press the diffuser on your scalp for a few seconds.
- Flip your hair backward and repeat Steps 10-12.
- Spray leave-in conditioner all over your hair.
- Spread the product lightly with your fingers.
- Apply light-hold hairspray.
And, that’s how to diffuse wavy hair without frizz. Just remember to quit touching your hair too much with your fingers. Let the attachment do its job.