Hairdryer attachments can be tricky to use, especially the diffuser. With its size that’s usually bigger than the device itself, it can be intimidating for beginners. Don’t worry; we’re here to share some tips on how to dry hair with a diffuser.
First, let’s watch this helpful video from Patry Jordan English’s channel:
If you’re in a hurry to try the techniques from the video, we’re going to highlight some tips for your convenience. Once again, based on the video clip, here are the basics of styling with a diffuser:
- Brush or comb your hair before anything else. You may do it before or after you shower.
- Pat your hair dry with a soft towel (preferably microfiber) or an old shirt. Never rub your hair to avoid frizz.
- Apply products like leave-in conditioners, styling mousse, and heat protectant spray all over your hair.
- Attach the diffuser to your hairdryer.
- Use medium heat and power to minimize hair damage.
- Bend your body forward and flip your hair.
- Place your tips on an activated diffuser until they’re almost dry.
- Slowly move the diffuser in a circular motion on the upper parts of your hair.
- Use the cold setting of the hairdryer for the finishing touches.
- Apply serum all over your hair.
Isn’t it super-easy to learn how to dry hair with a diffuser? You just have to do it gently without using high heat. Just make sure to attach the diffuser correctly.
Did you know that diffusers aren’t just for drying hair? They also have additional benefits. Know more about them here.