Too busy to sharpen your knives the traditional way? You have no choice but to embrace modern technology. For the sake of efficiency, learn how to use electric knife sharpener.
Since there are a lot of available models in the market, we can’t say that there’s one method for all devices. That’s why we decided to focus on a certain product review to at least, have a glimpse of how electric sharpeners work.
Here’s the aforementioned product review from Geeks Life:
If you want to go back to the video’s details, allow us to make it easier with the following highlights:
- Use the slots systematically (the polishing section should be the last one).
- Each section has two grooves so you can sharpen the knife on both sides.
- Make sure the whole length of the blade (up to the tip) passes the grooves (do it in a pulling motion).
- The average repetition for each side is two to three passes.
- Check the sharpness of the knife in two ways: running your fingers ACROSS the blade and slicing a piece of paper like butter.
If you know how to use electric knife sharpener, it will be so much easier for you to work your way around the kitchen. For instance, if you find out that your knife is dull right before slicing some ingredients, you could just whip out the device and start sharpening the blade in just a few minutes.
Unfortunately, electric knife sharpeners wear out, too. Find out why!
For other ways on how to sharpen kitchen knives, check this out.
Can’t separate from your precious pocket knife? Then it’s your responsibility to keep it sharp so it will stay functional. Learn some quick tips on how to maintain its sharpness.