Face foundation is supposed to give you a more flawless look. However, if applied on dry skin, it might ruin your makeup instead. That’s why you should know how to apply foundation on dry skin.
The rule of thumb is to use the right kind of foundation for your skin type. And, of course, you should prepare your skin by moisturizing it. As you can see, the result relies heavily on what you do before application.
Since we’ve established that preparation is crucial, allow us to enlighten you about proper techniques on what to do before, during, and after applying foundation.
- The first thing you should do is clean your face with a mild face wash. Make sure that the product is specially formulated for dry skin.
- Apply a moisturizer that has a strong hydrating formula.
- For a smoother surface, apply primer on your face’s driest sections by patting it gently on your skin. Only use a tiny amount.
- Use a liquid foundation for dry skin. Simply put a small amount on one finger and tap it on your face.
- Blend the foundation with a brush. Just gently tap the brush for a more natural effect.
- Add another kind of moisturizer after applying foundation. Use a setting spray or mist.
You need to learn how to apply foundation on dry skin to avoid a flaky or rough finish. Remember to use a liquid foundation, not powder. Also, never forget to moisturize before anything else.
If you’re looking for alternatives, find out if BB cream can replace makeup foundation.