Hair tools eventually wear out in a matter of years. The same idea obviously goes for blow dryers, too. So, how long should a hair dryer last?
The lifespan of a hair dryer depends on usage
We can’t say that a blow dryer is bound to deteriorate in a specific number of years. It all comes down to how you use it.
According to Forbes, hair dryers generally last for 800 hours if handled properly. Don’t worry; this is not a literal figure. It only applies to moments you’re actually using the device.
To make sure that your blow dryer reaches 800 hours or more, check out these tips:
- Don’t pull the electric cord when you remove the plug.
- Gently wrap the electric cord when you store the hairdryer.
- Store the device in a dry area.
- Remove dirt and debris from the back vent regularly.
- Read the user’s manual whenever you’re confused on how to proceed during the styling process.
Some professional hair dryers can last 1,500 hours
When you think about it, 800 hours is not exactly a long time if you’re using the device several hours a day.
So, if you need something better based on lifespan, don’t hesitate to buy a professional blow dryer. Some models can even exceed 1,500 hours.
How long should a hair dryer last?
Despite various answers on the Web, we decided to stick to the notion that a blow dryer can last for 800 to 1,500 hours. It goes without saying that achieving that lifespan requires proper use and maintenance.