If you think soap is not enough for cleaning menstrual cups, we have a solution for that.
Simply sterilize your menstrual cup in boiling water. However, using cookware for sterilizing a feminine hygiene product seems disturbing, don’t you think?
The key here is to use a special sterilizer like Ruby Clean. It is designed to be placed in a microwave oven without the risk of contamination. To learn more about it, check out the following steps on how to sterilize menstrual cup in microwave:
- Fill the sterilizer with clean water (only 3/4 full to prevent overflow).
- Put the prewashed menstrual cup inside the sterilizer.
- Place the lid on the sterilizer (don’t close it tight to avoid too much pressure).
- Turn on the microwave for three minutes (or until the water boils).
- Wait for the water the cool down before removing the menstrual cup.
Knowing how to sterilize menstrual cup in a microwave will help you avoid infection. And, of course, it’s super-convenient because microwaves are efficient appliances. Just don’t forget to use the right kind of sterilizer.