Microwave “cooking” is quick and convenient. A microwave is your best friend during lazy days. Having said that, cleaning one might be a challenge to many of us. If you own a microwave, you would notice that one of the many banes is the sticking odor that seems hard to eliminate. It is hard to wipe off and washing your ware is not really an option.
But this task is actually not hard if you know what to do. Listed here are some of the life hacks that you can follow when removing odor from a microwave.
This is an easy way to remove the stubborn burnt smell.
- Combine a spoonful of vinegar and ½ cup water. Place it in a bowl.
- Microwave it for 5 minutes. After heating, leave the bowl inside your ware for 10-15 minutes.
- Afterward, remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the ware (including the glass tray and microwave door) with a dry paper towel.
This one is more time consuming but it surely leaves better results.
- Slice a lemon in half. Place the sliced lemon (and the extract) into a bowl filled with 1/ cup water.
- Microwave it for 5 minutes. This would diffuse the smell of citrus as water evaporates.
- Leave the bowl in the microwave for 12 hours with the door tightly closed.
- If you don’t have the luxury of time, just leave your citrus solution for half an hour. This is usually enough to remove most of the sticking smell.
Good ’Ol Baking Soda
If you are into a much simpler solution, you can just open a new box of baking soda and leave it in your ware overnight. This is an excellent option if you just want a clean finish. You would also avoid adding unnecessary smell in your microwave in this way. Simple yet effective.
There are different ways to address microwave odors. Using a vinegar and citrus solution is a good way to neutralize sticking odor. They also add a tropical scent to your ware. Baking soda, on the other hand, gives you a fresh clean finish.