Your mattress shouldn’t just be comfortable but it should also be clean. After all, you spend a lot of hours on it. Now, cleaning your mattress isn’t really a challenging process. It’s actually a lot easier than you think. Below, we’re sharing with you the best tips on how to remove sweat stains from memory foam mattress.
- The first thing you need to do is to dampen the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Sprinkle the area with dry boric acid. If you don’t have one at home, you can purchase one from the laundry aisle of your local grocery store.
- Using a sponge, dab the stain and blot it in circular motions. Be patient as it may take some time to disappear. During this part of the process, remember not to scrub the affected area as that will only set the stain deeper. That can make it even harder to remover.
- Dry the area using a clean towel.
- To remove the remaining boric acid residue, gently vacuum your mattress with a handy vacuum.
If that doesn’t work, you can try this second method:
- Take a clean sponge and wet it with hydrogen peroxide.
- Blot the area with a circular motion.
- Get an enzymatic pet stain remover and spray the affected area. Wait for about 15 minutes before dabbing the area with a dampened washcloth.
- Once dry, you can vacuum the area.
For more tips on how to remove stains from memory foam mattresses, you can watch the video below: