Wanna pull off a sultry look? Start with your eyes! Learn how to apply smokey eyeshadow the easy way.
Before anything else, prepare the necessary materials. You just need a dark creamy eyeliner and a smokey eye palette.
However, don’t just use any kind of palette. You should think about your skin tone first. The same idea goes for other types of makeup like foundation.
If you have a dark skin tone, use darker eyeshadows for intensity. On the other hand, just to be on the safe side, choose medium-dark shades if you have a fair complexion.
Without further ado, here are the steps for applying smokey eyeshadow:
- Apply eyeliner along your lash lines. The upper parts should be thicker than the lower ones.
- Smudge the eyeliner with a cotton bud, small brush, or your finger.
- Apply dark eyeshadow all over your eyelids with a small flat brush. Remember to keep the outer sections darker than the inner corners of your eyes.
- Blend the eyeshadow upward (specifically toward the crease) in circular motions with a small fluffy brush.
- Apply a light-colored eyeshadow on your brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes. It should complement the darker shade you used.
- Curl your eyelashes to make your eyes bigger.
- Apply multiple layers of mascara. Just don’t overdo it to keep your eyelashes from clumping together.
To ace a sexier makeup look on your own, you should learn how to apply smokey eyeshadow. Remember to pick a dark color palette that will complement your skin tone.
Since dark eyeshadows can be messy, make sure to clean the brushes afterward.
If the instructions aren’t clear for you, here’s a video you can check out: