Cutting split ends is child’s play with long hair. On the other hand, if you have short hair, you have no choice but to go the extra mile in order to track the progress and the quality of your work. Luckily for you, we’re going to discuss some tips on how to cut split ends on short hair.
First, let’s focus on the materials needed. Your priority is to have a large fixed mirror in front of you to ensure positive results.
Additionally, based on the tutorial video we used as the basis, other things needed are the following:
- fine comb
- two big flat clips
- sharp shears
- flat iron
Finally, here’s the video we were talking about:
To help you remember vital points, we’re going to highlight some sections from the video.
- Divide your hair into three sections: top, middle, and bottom.
- Hold the top and middle sections with clips.
- Divide the bottom part into two sections: left and right.
- Comb both sides.
- Put a towel on your lap to catch trimmed hair.
- Comb your hair before each trim.
- Control the length of each cut by putting your hair between your index and middle fingers.
- Use a flat iron to make sure your cut on both sides is even.
- Proceed to the next section by removing the clip.
Even though it’s still advisable to go to a professional stylist, it’s more practical to learn how to cut split ends on short hair. Cutting split ends is a regular thing, so you should know the basics to save money.
If you don’t have time to cut split ends, try to conceal it with pomade.