Good news! You actually don’t have to boil baby bottles or buy an expensive sterilizer. You just have to learn how to sterilize baby bottles in microwave.
As expected, the process is so easy to follow and remember. However, you still need to buy a microwave baby bottle sterilizer.
Without further ado, here are the steps for the microwave method based on the tips from Livestrong.com:
- First of all, wash your hands.
- Next, wash the baby bottle components with warm water, mild soap, and brush.
- Rinse the components thoroughly.
- Fill the sterilizer bowl with clean water.
- Put the components in the sterilizer.
- Tightly install the lid.
- Microwave the sterilizer for at least two minutes, depending on the user’s manual.
- Air-dry the components.
Once you sterilize the baby bottle, you should let your child use it immediately. However, if you’re going to store it, the storage area should be clean and dry.
And, remember, don’t store it for more than two days. If storage exceeds that duration, sterilize the baby bottle again.
Learning how to sterilize baby bottles in microwave saves you the trouble of boiling water on a stove. You can save money, too, since you don’t have to buy a machine sterilizer anymore.
Breast pumps need some TLC, too. Learn how to sterilize them.