Applying sunscreen with makeup seems uncomfortable, don’t you think? However, you shouldn’t take sun exposure lightly either. That’s why you need to learn how to apply sunscreen when wearing makeup.
Luckily for you, we’ve discovered a helpful tutorial video from the popular makeup artist Melissa Alatorre. Not only does it cover the steps before applying makeup; it also shows the proper way to reapply sunscreen.
See for yourself below:
- Use a light untinted sunscreen for easier application and a smoother effect.
- Start applying from the center of your face (under your eyes/upper part of your cheeks) toward your hairline.
- Spread the sunscreen all over your face, neck, and chest.
- Always apply sunscreen before you put makeup.
- To flawlessly reapply sunscreen while you still have makeup on, make sure you’re using the right product. Look for setting mists or transparent/sheer/clear face powders with a sun protection factor (SPF).
Knowing how to apply sunscreen when wearing makeup will save you the trouble of dealing with skin problems due to UV rays. And, at the same time, that kind of knowledge will prevent embarrassing makeup fails.
If it’s okay to wear makeup every day, is it also safe to use sunscreen daily? Find out what’s the answer here.