Thick hair is healthy and all, but it can be messy to look at. It may ruin your appearance, especially when you’re going to dress up. Good thing we have some tips for taming thick hair.
Before anything else, you should know that handling thick hair may require you to spend some money. You need the right brush and hair products.
Let’s learn more about those essentials by going through these tips from Allure:
- Use a detangling brush so you can fix your hair right after you get out of the shower.
- Apply extra-rich (highly concentrated) conditioner all over your hair regularly.
- Combat frizz with a keratin treatment or serum.
- Make a top knot or bun if you have no time fixing your bed head.
- Tie your hair with scrunchies.
- Have a pro stylist cut your hair a bit to form layers (this style is easier to handle).
Taming thick hair is easier than you think. You just have to use a detangling brush before styling your hair. Then, use products that can minimize frizz.
Speaking of blow drying, did you know that not all blow dryers can handle thick hair? Check out the best hair dryers for that specific purpose.