Does your shower cap smell bad already? You need to clean it carefully to remove mildew. To prevent spreading the odor all over your hair, learn how to wash shower cap.
Before we discuss the process, you should know that you have to prepare white vinegar first. Despite the strong odor of vinegar, it can actually neutralize the foul smell of sweat, dirt, and natural oil from your hair. It can also remove mildew.
After preparing the vinegar, do the following steps based on Hunker‘s tips:
- Pour a sufficient amount of vinegar in a clean basin or sink (enough to cover your entire shower cap).
- Soak the shower cap in vinegar for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the shower cap.
- Squirt two drops of dish soap on the shower cap.
- Rub the cap’s material together until there’s no residue left.
- Rinse the shower cap thoroughly.
- Air-dry the shower cap by hanging it in a well-ventilated place.
Learning how to wash shower cap is crucial to completely remove mildew. It turns out that soap and water aren’t enough. You should soak the cap in vinegar first.