Mankind has survived centuries of cooking rice in pots and other traditional cookware. So, why use a rice cooker?
In this modern age, billions of people rely on technology to have a more convenient lifestyle. That’s why rice cookers became basic necessities for households around the world. Not using one will only cause unnecessary stress in the kitchen.
To make you appreciate rice cookers even more, here are the specific benefits of this life-changing appliance:
- No more undercooked or overcooked rice
- Free measuring cup and steamer (some models)
- Marks or indicators in the bowl for accurate measurement
- Ability to cook different types of rice, and other grains even when left unattended
- Consistent warm rice without ruining the pot
Why use a rice cooker?
Using this appliance is the easiest way to cook grains. It promotes multitasking without consequences. Even if you’d leave it alone for several minutes, you can expect perfectly cooked rice when you get back.
Did you know that rice cookers can cook other things besides grains? It’s just a matter of using the right measurements and programs/settings. Learn how to cook pasta and instant noodles in a rice cooker.
Since maintenance is also a priority, you should start cleaning the rice cooker’s heating plate regularly.