Whynter RPD-702WP is an energy star rated dehumidifier with a dehumidification capacity of 70 pints per day. The dehumidifier is engineered to run between 5°C and 35°C. The appliance compressor circuit; on the other hand, has an automatic three-minute time delay start, if you turn the unit on/off quickly.
This time delay helps to prevent overheating of the dehumidifier’s compressor as well as circuit breaker tripping. The device is designed to provide you with convenient operation. It is installed with automatic shutoff and automatic restart options for better control of humidity. Furthermore, the appliance humidity range is adjustable and it falls between 30% and 90% RH.
Important Features and Specs
Whynter RPD-702WP dehumidifier is a high capacity device that operates at low temperatures. This ensures that the unit offers you operations that are energy efficient without limiting both its performance and design. The dehumidifier high capacity usage level enables it to be best suited for large enclosed areas. The unit also consists of three drainage options which include: manual drain, condensate pump drain and gravity drain.
Gravity drainage is made possible due to the unit’s three foot drain hose. The unit’s internal condensate pump ensures your operations are not interrupted since the unit is designed for high volume usage. The condensate pump also has the capability of pumping condensation water out/up via the 16.5’ drain. This ensures continuous water removal with an approximate vertical lift of 15’.
The dehumidifier is also made up of auto restart and auto shutoff options that you can activate depending on your humidity level preference. These options ensure that you maintain a steady and comfortable humidity level. The unit’s electronic controls with humidity sensor settings also allow you to comfortably adjust humidity levels to the desired humidity percentage.
The dehumidifier features auto-defrosting capabilities that assist in the prevention of frost buildup inside hence increasing its durability. Whynter RPD-702WP also consists of a washable pre filter; this makes it a cost effective unit since you do not have to incur replacement costs. The dehumidifier also comes in with handles and caster wheels which make it extra portable.
Whynter RPD-702WP weighs 42.5 pounds and it measures 11.2 by 14.5 by 23.2 inches. The unit’s power consumption is 950 watts/ 7.5 amps, and it uses R410a non ozone-depleting refrigerant. For better operation, it is installed with three feet drain hose for gravity drainage, 16.5 feet drain hose for condensate pump drain, dual fan speeds and twenty four hour timer.
The appliance’s power supply is rated 115 V/ 60 Hz, and its air flow M3/H / CFM rating is 187 M3/H / 76.5 CFM. The unit operates at a relatively low noise of 55.3dBA. Other essential specs include: °C/ °F selector, timer/ humidity control, and power on/off switch.
- Whynter RPD-702WP has auto shut off-the dehumidifying function automatically shuts off when the selected humidity level is exhausted; and auto restart-the device will restart at the earlier set function mode as well as settings in the event of a power outage.
- Whynter RPD-702WP is an exceptional energy saver dehumidifier; when the relative humidity percentage is achieved, the unit’s fan will go on running to evade high start-up amperage; thus energy efficient.
- Whynter RPD-702WP is mounted with user friendly current temperature/ timer/ humidity display. When the appliance is running, the display will show the current temperature on the left and the actual humidity on the right. The LED display on the left will change when timer function is activated, and you can then set your desired humidity level.
- Whynter RPD-702WP is programmed with an automatic three-minute time delayed start when you quickly turn on and off. This helps to prevent overheating of the compressor as well as possible circuit breaker tripping.
- The pump, along with other functionalities may fail to work after a few rounds of use.
Who Should Buy
Whynter RPD-702WP has a conveniently large dehumidifying capacity of 70 pints per day; hence it is an ideal dehumidifier to use in a larger room size. The appliance allows you to get rid of excess moisture, along with molds and mildew effectively. The unit is fitted with great features that will definitely help you overcome the effects of excess humidity.
The unit’s design is unique and easy to deal with, since each and every button is strategically positioned along with its functionality. For instance, there is a button for °C / °F selector as well as fan speed (low / high) button. Therefore, the appliance is designed for convenience and it is worth the money.
Whynter RPD-702WP is a convenient energy star dehumidifier for all experience levels. The appliance is made of a sleek design, which is mounted with different control buttons for different functionalities, including: power on/off, fan speed, and timer among others.
You should also know that this is the most ideal system to buy if you are prone to power outages, since it is installed with automatic restart mechanism. Basically, the dehumidifier is worth your money considering the services it will offer.